Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Screenshot_20240110-115307.png

staring samuel l jackson GIF

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a productive day. Scraped glass on both tanks, manually removed hair algae in biocube and pulled the powered head and got that all cleaned up. I also ran some tests on that tank for the first time in a long time.
IMG_7322.jpeg

I knew my Alk was gonna be a little low from neglect in dosing that tank but I was surprised at how low.
IMG_7320.jpeg

Ruh roh. Corrective measures taken.

Waited until lights out on the big tank for coral feeders to come out and then released a bag of Jason poop in the tank.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a productive day. Scraped glass on both tanks, manually removed hair algae in biocube and pulled the powered head and got that all cleaned up. I also ran some tests on that tank for the first time in a long time.
IMG_7322.jpeg

I knew my Alk was gonna be a little low from neglect in dosing that tank but I was surprised at how low.
IMG_7320.jpeg

Ruh roh. Corrective measures taken.

Waited until lights out on the big tank for coral feeders to come out and then released a bag of Jason poop in the tank.
We need to start bottling Jason poop. We could make 10's of dollars. JB tank enhancing elixer.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7344.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7342.jpeg
So I had a custom size screen made at a local supplier using Mesh I ordered off Amazon. Cost was $34. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. Visually I don’t think it takes away from the rimless too much. I need add some clear guards to the sides so it can’t get bumped and then fall into the tank.
There is 2.5 inch gap in the back where I didnt want to deal with the cut outs from lights and return. In my head I figured I would just leave the clear mesh back there but I’m not really liking it. So it’s just a temporary solution. I will come up with something more visually appealing eventually and eventually will add a feeding port.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7385.jpeg

This morning I made the executive decision to move the command tower closer to the tank. Originally we had it on the other side of the window, but it was getting too annoying thinking about ways to extend cables and tubes. Hubs hasn’t seen it yet. :face-in-clouds:. Eventually I would like to build a box that is more low profile, and can sit under the window.

I also ordered a more powerful return pump and trident solutions to finally get that up and running.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new scape is awesome!
Thanks!!! I love it a lot. It actually looks way better in person. :zany-face: I kept looking at the photos and trying to capture it better but :::shrugs:::: I couldn’t wait to show the husband when he got home. He thought I was pointing out something new about the screen. :face-with-rolling-eyes:
IMG_7387.gif

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!!! I love it a lot. It actually looks way better in person. :zany-face: I kept looking at the photos and trying to capture it better but :::shrugs:::: I couldn’t wait to show the husband when he got home. He thought I was pointing out something new about the screen. :face-with-rolling-eyes:
IMG_7387.gif
Sounds about right. Lol.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back