Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Car stopped working today while I was driving the kids to school/day-at-work-with-dad. "Chassis System Malfunction Error" or some crappola. End of story, acceleration stopped working and had to turn around and coast home. That + cracked window + failed tire pressure sensor + undetectable but clearly obvious freon leak == wife's had enough and time for a new car. I'm miffed because I squeezed almost 20 years out of my Toyota Sienna, and this one didn't make 10.

Guess the new wrasses and murderbug are getting put on hold. Got me some phyto/pods happening soon, though!

Everybody keep truckin'
Ugh! Things definitely don’t last like they used to anymore.

TWSS??? :thinking-face:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new setup. The EVO is a fun little tank (I have the same one). I’m impressed with what can be accomplished in such a small volume of water. The invert/coral idea is a neat one. I fully intend for mine to end up as a QT for my eventual larger setup… just have to get the fiancée on board.

Good luck and I look forward to following along.
I know about getting the other half on board. Back with my first build, mine said fine cause she had NO idea just how much it would cost. To be fair, neither did I. She's on board with my new rebuild. Thankfully. I sacrificed purchasing a 12 inch Newtonian Reflector Telescope. It was beautiful. Computer aboard and all the trimmings! Top notch lenses and great filter! For me, a Reef Tank is a much better fit, as I am incredibly anal-retentive in anything I do lol. It's the perfect hobby.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been neglecting my husbandry. In an unexpected turn of events.. the Dino’s have been gone for about a week. Weird but I’ll take it.

The only picture I have taken of my tank for a bit
IMG_7913.jpeg
I’d say it has at least doubled in size.

I didn’t have a banana for scale. You’re gonna have to use your imagination.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7968.jpeg

Better picture.. the boys wouldn’t let me leave the store without them. I let them each name one. So we have Jr. and Red bottom. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes::face-with-rolling-eyes:

I went to drop off my trident for maintenance and was hoping to leave with a mandarin and ornate leopard wrasse. The wrasse was already gone and the mandarin looked really rough, so I passed.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks!! I’m definitely enjoying it more since Dino’s moved out. Now if I can find a fish that actually eats algae on the rocks.
get some Mollies!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Firefish, nice :cool:

Yea I'm simple, so what.
Me too! I have 2 red and a purple currently, can't wait to get the bigger tank up and running and everything split so I can add more.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back