Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
00A3250B-7AB6-465D-8CFB-6737B5B800F7.jpeg

I think I have decided to keep the air stone in the tank. I don't like it in the display, so I placed it in the first chamber that also holds my heater (which is currently not in use) Since I don't run a skimmer, I figured this would help put more oxygen in the water consistently. I have already seen an increase in PH, which is good. :) The middle chamber holds some bio media and the stock filtration sponge. Does any see any issues with running the air stone in the first chamber with this setup?
Haven’t done it myself but I don’t see why it’s a problem.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t done it myself but I don’t see why it’s a problem.
Thanks! I think my main concern was whether or not it would effect the water flow through the filtration, since the bubbles are pushing the water up (maybe?). Does that make sense? :upside-down-face:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think my main concern was whether or not it would effect the water flow through the filtration, since the bubbles are pushing the water up (maybe?). Does that make sense? :upside-down-face:
It won't affect the water flow through the filters. If anything, having it in the same chamber as your heater may make your heater marginally more effective as you are increasing the amount of water passing over the heater, with the upflow caused by the bubbles.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back