Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01AD491C-CEC2-4F3C-9A1A-C85E4D03B000.jpeg

354C8AD7-B225-4698-BC56-2FC735F190EE.jpeg

Both my Nassarius are on the hunt this morning. They must smell something in the water. Everything seems accounted for except Ms. Patty Krabby :anxious-face-with-sweat:. I really hope I’m wrong.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oops, missed your thread. I'm here, I'm caught up, I'd love to see an updated fts :)
I swear I dont get notifications on threads I'm watching... just notifications that people liked my post in a hello thread... >.<

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I dont get notifications on threads I'm watching... just notifications that people liked my post in a hello thread... >.<
It happens to me too I think I check my “watched” thread page just as much as the Home Screen to make sure I didn’t miss a notification

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It happens to me too I think I check my “watched” thread page just as much as the Home Screen to make sure I didn’t miss a notification

Yeah I default to the watched thread page when I get on. Notifications are spotty. Though, I deactivated the notifications for post reactions. I mostly just catch tags there now

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I default to the watched thread page when I get on. Notifications are spotty. Though, I deactivated the notifications for post reactions. I mostly just catch tags there now
OMG for all my resourcefulness, I was wanting for the watched thread page without even knowing it! Thanks for verifying my concerns re: new posts; then solving my problems!

edit: and going into preferences to turn off notifications on reactions is a game changer...

Last edited:
OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG for all my resourcefulness, I was wanting for the watched thread page without even knowing it! Thanks for verifying my concerns re: new posts; then solving my problems!

edit: and going into preferences to turn off notifications on reactions is a game changer...
Game changer for me was when @Sean Clark explained to me that bold titles on threads means there is something I haven’t seen yet. I HAD NO IDEA :::facepalm:::

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Game changer for me was when @Sean Clark explained to me that bold titles on threads means there is something I haven’t seen yet. I HAD NO IDEA :::facepalm:::
The issue I always run into is if I come back to 15 notifications, and miss one on a specific thread, You don't get notifications on that one again until you go there. Which means it's not too seldom that I see threads I'm active in or that I follow on the main page with new activity and had no idea.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The issue I always run into is if I come back to 15 notifications, and miss one on a specific thread, You don't get notifications on that one again until you go there. Which means it's not too seldom that I see threads I'm active in or that I follow on the main page with new activity and had no idea.
Yup.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01AD491C-CEC2-4F3C-9A1A-C85E4D03B000.jpeg

354C8AD7-B225-4698-BC56-2FC735F190EE.jpeg

Both my Nassarius are on the hunt this morning. They must smell something in the water. Everything seems accounted for except Ms. Patty Krabby :anxious-face-with-sweat:. I really hope I’m wrong.
Update… Ms. Patty Krabby has been spotted at the base of my Duncan. So she isn’t dead.
7FB1BD73-E657-49A1-A544-C0FDB7DFE841.jpeg

phew

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update… Ms. Patty Krabby has been spotted at the base of my Duncan. So she isn’t dead.
7FB1BD73-E657-49A1-A544-C0FDB7DFE841.jpeg

phew
I have had emeralds that ate vermetid snails. They would bust the shell up and pick out the oozing stuff.... I am thinking about catching my wrasse and putting him in the 60g while it is set up. Without him, I should be able to have crustaceans again.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21260F50-DA3D-4740-B734-D162CED5CD91.jpeg

Just spying on my coral like a crazy person :grinning-squinting-face: :face-with-spiral-eyes::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
There is nothing wrong with that. I check on the 180 from time to time just to watch the fish swim around lol. Even when only a room away.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol or that just makes us both crazy people :grinning-squinting-face: ;).
Everyone already knows I am crazy. But that may a little to it, or it could even take away from my crazy, as it shows I care for my critters lol.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21260F50-DA3D-4740-B734-D162CED5CD91.jpeg

Just spying on my coral like a crazy person :grinning-squinting-face: :face-with-spiral-eyes::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Love it. We were away this weekend and I set our Echo Show up in front of the tank so I could "Drop In" and check on the fish/coral/inverts. I keep telling myself it's normal and posts like yours affirm it. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep telling myself it's normal and posts like yours affirm it. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts.
Two things can be true at the same time.

Reefers in general I think are a bit crazy, and it's not uncommon for us to cam our tanks...

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. We were away this weekend and I set our Echo Show up in front of the tank so I could "Drop In" and check on the fish/coral/inverts. I keep telling myself it's normal and posts like yours affirm it. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts.
Pop Tv Yes GIF by Schitt's Creek

I think it takes a little crazy to be dedicated to this hobby. Its definitely not something you have give a half hearted effort and succeed in my opinion.

The cam on vacation was essential for me too. I needed to make sure the person coming over to fishsit turned everything back on after feeding, or there wasn't some other kind of emergency. Most people that aren't in the hobby, don't know how to care for tanks or what to do if something bad happens. The camera is a for peace of mind so you can enjoy your time away to the fullest. :smiling-face: Which is a bonus for your Fiancee :winking-face:
Now watching it while you are just in the other room.... thats next level crazy :winking-face-with-tongue: @Eagle_Steve. JK!!!!!! You are awesome HAHA.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back