F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. Still alive.

Tank updates
Reef- still seem to be slowly losing some of my Euphylia everything else is growing at a high speed. Lots of sticks cut for a couple of reefers when the R2R express rolls through.
Babies - Have lost all 40 of the cardinalfish. I think that the issue is feeding, will need to figure out a different way of containing them in the grow out tank to ensure they are getting enough feed. Lighting is also an issue as they seem much more prone to sudden fright death than the clowns.
Still have all of the clown babies. I'll grab a video later tonight and post after work.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good morning everyone. Still alive.

Tank updates
Reef- still seem to be slowly losing some of my Euphylia everything else is growing at a high speed. Lots of sticks cut for a couple of reefers when the R2R express rolls through.
Babies - Have lost all 40 of the cardinalfish. I think that the issue is feeding, will need to figure out a different way of containing them in the grow out tank to ensure they are getting enough feed. Lighting is also an issue as they seem much more prone to sudden fright death than the clowns.
Still have all of the clown babies. I'll grab a video later tonight and post after work.
when I was handling them they have a weird response where they play dead when frightened. I thought I killed all mine too but I left them alone and came back later and they were all swimming around.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was handling them they have a weird response where they play dead when frightened. I thought I killed all mine too but I left them alone and came back later and they were all swimming around.
Yep I witnessed this as well. Unfortunately very few started swimming again. I think the main issue I am having is nutrition. They won't eat the prepared like the clownfish, so its frozen baby brine and Cyclopeeze. When I grow them in my refugium they have a constant supply of pods so I may just do that again with the next batch. The only issue with that is they end up in the return chamber. I've tried all manner of screen weirs to keep it from happening but they eventually clog and the babies just go right over the tops. Poor nutrition and SDF are no fun.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back