Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those were air quotes sorry
Air Quotes GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo
Twss...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alway dread doing it… which is silly because it doesn’t really take that long… then I can’t get over how clear and pretty the tank looks from across the room and wonder why I put it off… then repeat cycle ;)
Reefer madness?
Apparently you can’t say bu$$ hurt censored to “upset”
But hurt?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sight/vendor are those from?
It called reeftrader.com
It's a site for "non vendors" to sell stuff at swaps. Vendors are on there too but mostly basement hobby guys that either don't want to lug a show set up around or folks that just need to make a quick buck to spend. I have sold some stuff in the past. Mostly just reserve stuff I like then pick up at the show where I will spend even more money. It's great crack.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve waited some time to post this update for fear it will jinx me. Even now I feel like knocking on every piece of wood in arms distance. I think, and deeply hope, that my cube has taken the turn I have been waiting for. I got my biocube in November of 2021 with a bad GHA problem and I have been battling it since. A few weeks ago I started to feel like I might finally be winning the battle with manual removal and consistent weekly water changes, after trying some quick fixes in the beginning did little to help. I have spent a year just doing it the old fashion way. How’s that for dedication?
C1BAD95A-EC40-4F0B-8D00-33F1F0C8224C.jpeg
CAC0E29C-F4FD-46AC-8454-FBC1D99EB029.jpeg

the top rock has been the last rock that I glair at with disdain until recent weeks. It appears that it may have turned a corner and I hope with everything, I can I finally begin to just enjoy this tank and add what I want without worry of removing rocks, and scrubbing, and H202 treatments.

edit: I’d like to thank everyone in the community for their support and guidance on keeping me positive and hopeful to stay the course, you know who you are.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve waited some time to post this update for fear it will jinx me. Even now I feel like knocking on every piece of wood in arms distance. I think, and deeply hope, that my cube has taken the turn I have been waiting for. I got my biocube in November of 2021 with a bad GHA problem and I have been battling it since. A few weeks ago I started to feel like I might finally be winning the battle with manual removal and consistent weekly water changes, after trying some quick fixes in the beginning did little to help. I have spent a year just doing it the old fashion way. How’s that for dedication?
C1BAD95A-EC40-4F0B-8D00-33F1F0C8224C.jpeg
CAC0E29C-F4FD-46AC-8454-FBC1D99EB029.jpeg

the top rock has been the last rock that I glair at with disdain until recent weeks. It appears that it may have turned a corner and I hope with everything, I can I finally begin to just enjoy this tank and add what I want without worry of removing rocks, and scrubbing, and H202 treatments.

edit: I’d like to thank everyone in the community for their support and guidance on keeping me positive and hopeful to stay the course, you know who you are.
Persistence always pays off. Bravo for your hard work and results!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fish Styx - this is someone else's build thread. Or are you one of the types that thinks their own build thread is the only one that matters and doesn't follow anyone else. Hhhmmmmmm?

Do you see a theme developing here? Hhhmmmmmm?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back