Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news bears for me this morning.
8F5C2531-9534-4074-AE98-D2B6F5B3DCF7.jpeg

my Little Rock flower didn’t make it.. it started turning to mush this morning. So I pulled it.
Sadly the bigger one seems to be following the same fate.
C3C57ACE-3F02-4D36-8ABF-A842892F53F9.jpeg

With the help and guidance of my sensei, I’m gonna start cipro treatment on this one and see if I can save it. I know people lose things all the time in this hobby and at a much larger scale but I just hate this. I’m also ticked at the person who bagged them for me. I called the owner right before posting this and told him what happened. He was cool about and told me to pick out two new ones the next time I’m up there in the shop. I appreciate that, however I’m still bummed that this happened,because I feel like it could have been avoided with proper care. Ok I’ll get off the soap box.

In other news.. I’m in the final stages of deciding on my new “used” setup. I’m so close to pulling the trigger. Husband is completely supportive on board but he notices my reservations because of the the dimensions. 48x24x16 this is a different setup than the previous one I posted about. It’s the LFS’s previous show tank and it comes with way more bells and whistles. I saw it in person and I think I would be ok with 16” I like shallow systems. I plan on sticking to softies and LPS. Everyone’s comments though has me hesitating.
I have also been told by hubs that I get to keep my biocube even with the new tank :star-struck:

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bummer! :disappointed-face:

LFS said pick up a few more though, I would be gassing the car :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

I have been eyeing RFAs, but have been scared to pull the trigger until my tank settles in a bit more..
They are probably my favorite so far... which is probably why the last two days have stung a little harder than usual.

You should give it ago. They arent hard to keep as long as they don't get hurt in process of removal. And even then they are pretty hardy and can come back from injury. This dude really jacked mine up. The owner reassured me that it hasn't been a common thing for this employee. :smirking-face: Either way, I'm not letting him bag mine anymore.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bummer! :disappointed-face:

LFS said pick up a few more though, I would be gassing the car :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

I have been eyeing RFAs, but have been scared to pull the trigger until my tank settles in a bit more..
RFA's are very easy and TOUGH!

I live about 15 minutes from the King of RFA's. He's a great guy and forgotten more about reefing and RFA's than most will ever know. Of course, he'll deny all of this because Ron's a humble dude. Unfortunately, Ron is not as active on here anymore because he's broke down his systems and super active with travelling and other hobbies. Below is a link to one of his threads.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
lol; I thought she meant she put all her emotions in Gif form; not that she got the new system!!!! Awesome! grats!
Wes Anderson Indie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new system
Ok, ok, ok, I am going to do something not often experienced: can you PLEASE tell us what your new system is? Also, I am fairly sure you have pics of the new system. Can you PLEASE post some pics too. :)

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 I will I promise but right now I’m in full blown operation save Big Bird.
229F0C1B-4FC2-4C54-AC7A-633890E02DEC.jpeg

Got him bathing in some cipro. I’m not feeling too optimistic given some of it had started to melt but I’m gonna give it all I’ve got.
I picked a great week to cut out vodka :grinning-face-with-sweat:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 I will I promise but right now I’m in full blown operation save Big Bird.

Got him bathing in some cipro. I’m not feeling too optimistic given some of it had started to melt but I’m gonna give it all I’ve got.
Sending strong and healing vibes to you and your RFA!

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thursday is almost Friday friend;)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep, this is the first thing i read after my post on toms thread. Go me. Also, good luck
Sending strong and healing vibes to you and your RFA!
Viby day isn't it?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back