BioCube failure, new start with 45 gallon rectangular tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fladiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That is all music to my ears.

For filtration/flow in a 45 gallon rectangular tank, I'm thinking (i) a Tidal 75, (ii) a HOB skimmer (like aqua maxx), (iii) two Jebao SOW-4 wavemakers, (iv) live rock, and (v) live sand. Am I missing anything?

For lighting, since I'm not planning to do any corals, any recommendations on a relatively inexpensive light that can be put on a schedule and perhaps controlled remotely? The tank is 36" long.
Sounds like you got a solid plan!
Regarding light.... I run my freshwater off a switched one plugged into a bluetooth plug. I can run it off my alexa etc. I'll let others chime in on actual lighting :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new