Biocube Project 1/18/23

Puggles123654

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have received a custom Biocube from a friend and I was told that it had been setup for over a year. Just from the looks of it, it certainly does need some tlc. I do have fluval 13.5 with tons of coral that I would like to move into the tank eventually. But I would like to hear others' thoughts about the tank, what to look out for with this brand, and also would you personally think this would be worth salvaging/cleaning up at a glance?

What it came with:

- Hood with AI LED's
- Pumps
- second compartment is filled with bioballs
- has multiple pumps
- Rock

Plans:

- Find a sufficient stand
- Clean it up
- Potentially replace screws that are rusted
- Test for leaks

20230118_204451.jpg
20230118_191037 (1).jpg
20230118_204439 (1).jpg
 
I say double-check everything to see if there are any leaks or damages, if not? you could clean it up and have a spare tank on hand
 
I say double-check everything to see if there are any leaks or damages, if not? you could clean it up and have a spare tank on hand
I was cleaning it up today and was testing for leaks. So far everything looks pretty good once everything got a proper cleaning. Though when I was looking for stands, I really couldn't believe the price of a stock stand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new