biopellet media tumble rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Feltman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Feltman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
259
Reaction score
74
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I built my own custom recirculating biopellet reactor and didn't get as much flow as I was hoping. It Def moves all the pellets but doesn't tumble nearly what I've seen in some videos. So the question is how much should biopellets tumble?
 
Thanks very much for that I'm Def getting that movement bit when u search u find people with almost a hurricane going on in the reactor so I wasn't sure.
 
I have been using the larger "macaroni" sized pellets for over a year now. ( Supposedly )these don't need to tumble.They definitely helped remove excess nutrients. If they worked better than the pea sized ones that tumble , I don't know. I was able to add twice the amount of pellets into the chamber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new