Biopellet reactor leaking at the bottom

jumpoverit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've assembled and dissassembled my Lifeguard biopellet reactor numerous times. The biopellets remain at the bottom. It leaks at the bottom but there is still water shooting out from the exit (but very little).
I've tightened the nylon screws as hard as I could. I've increased the power of the pump which seems to be working fine. I've adjusted the valve water output to max. I've changed the pellets because I was told they tend to get stuck. I've made sure the rubber ring is where it is supposed to be.... I'm still scratching my head.... I've had this biopellet reactor for a month now. Anybody has any suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thank to all

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have a gasket? Id suggest looking for any imperfections in that and get a new one or run silicone grease on it.

OP
OP
jumpoverit

jumpoverit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No gasket just an O ring. I have tightened the nylon screws as much as I could.... I gave up with the product that have I had just purchase a month ago (LIFEGUARD TURBO REACTOR). I bought a new model that came highly recommended (Aquamaxx Omega 1 biopellet reactor).

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No gasket just an O ring. I have tightened the nylon screws as much as I could.... I gave up with the product that have I had just purchase a month ago (LIFEGUARD TURBO REACTOR). I bought a new model that came highly recommended (Aquamaxx Omega 1 biopellet reactor).
An o ring is a form of gasket. Thats likely the issue. If there are any imperfections in the o ring or the place it sits, it will leak. Silicone grease will help. Or just use reef safe actual silicone and let it dry.

OP
OP
jumpoverit

jumpoverit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answer. Interesting to know for future reference. Still I am very disappointed with the LIFEGARD TURBO REACTOR.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back