Aquamaxx Reactor Leaking

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the intake and output screw into the top of the reactor is leaking. It's sitting in the sump but I would like more of that water getting forced through media instead of leaking all over. I am using the o-rings I even used a wrench to get them on there as tight as I dared. Still leaks like crazy. Any ideas how to prevent this? My much cheaper Phosband reactor is much better although much less aesthetically pleasing.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion: The O rings can be damaged if they are over tight. You might need new O rings. When installling O rings give them and the surfaces they touch a coating of silicone "Grease".
Worst case: if you cant get O rings or something close to those, a coating of pure aquarium safe silicone sealer might work. You will need to let it dry before putting any pressure thru the reactor.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion: The O rings can be damaged if they are over tight. You might need new O rings. When installling O rings give them and the surfaces they touch a coating of silicone "Grease".
Worst case: if you cant get O rings or something close to those, a coating of pure aquarium safe silicone sealer might work. You will need to let it dry before putting any pressure thru the reactor.
Already tried that. I bought them from a store called, get this, house of hose. They gave me a free bumper sticker that said, "have you hugged your hose today?" I'm going to sell this reactor and go back to my phosband. Not worth my annoyance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back