Leaking Aquamaxx Sulfur reactor

Pufferlover95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
233
Reaction score
111
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Sulfur rector from BRS (https://shorturl.at/bjwD2) and just set it up 3/1. Although I am certain I set everything up correctly, there is a leak and I don’t know why. My hope is I just didn’t do something right versus a faulty product and I’m hoping someone can help find out. Below is a video of the leak. The water is supplied to the reactor via a manifold off my return pump. The manifold has an adjustable valve so I can adjust the flow rate. Is it possible I’m just running the rate too fast? Too much media? No other connection like that is leaking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4083.mov
    39.8 MB
1710001109396.png
 
Still leaking! I have the water supply to the reactor coming off the manifold. When I severely limit the flow coming in it seems to run without leaking. Possibly too much flow?
 
Last edited:
Reduce the flow: no output
Slight increase in flow: leak

Something isn’t right. Someone has to own this product that can help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new