Biopellets reactor into skimmer-DIY fitting

lakeviewink

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
906
Reaction score
15
Location
Petoskey, Mi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a simple way to connect to my skimmer pump(sedra 5000) using a dishwasher drain hook up. You can find one at any home improvement or hardware store, about $8.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355372779.412374.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355372809.573862.jpg


I had to cut it up a bit and then superglue back together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355372870.671953.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355372896.509615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355372933.093595.jpg


Next- DIY recirculating reactor- coming soon!
 
The mod works well, the one thing about SRO skimmers is they produce a lot of air but they are lacking somewhat on water draw, considering the size of my SRO 5000 it is lucky if it draws 500 gph, I am thinking of trying out a Bubbleking Supermarin or Vertex Alpha

My SRO has done a good job with keeping my nitrates low ( 5ppm before I added the BP reactor) I do get some stringy material after I feed the fish, I am guessing it is the proteins from the Silversides meeting the sugars from the bio pellets....maybe the suction of the skimmer isnt good enough for the BP reactor feed and the tank water
 
On my nano nps tank, i will be using a bubble magus, and I find that a 1/2" mur-lok pipe fits perfectly in the intake, so I will be making a tee, and inserting the bioplellet output in one end, and leaving the other end open.
 
I'm getting ready to make a fitting for my skimmer also, Reef Octopus XS200. I've ordered a new venturi fitting and I'm going to build off that. Pictures are to follow after the new reef dynamics reactor comes in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new