Biotek t5 led replacements

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are loving ours but we are biased:). I'm running 6 of them on a display tank and we are also running the blue, white and red version on our fish system. Only 216 watts of power over 20 aquariums.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are loving ours but we are biased:). I'm running 6 of them on a display tank and we are also running the blue, white and red version on our fish system. Only 216 watts of power over 20 aquariums.

Would you compare the blue + UV to a reefbrite actinic strip in terms of color?

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't looked at them side by side. My suggestion would be to try one of them out to see how you like it and if you do then order more of them. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Merck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May take a trip to columbia,thanks velcro for asking.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Merck. We'll be happy to show you the lights over one of our displays and 2o tank fish system and to give you a tour of the place.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these dim on an ATI dimmable fixture? I have the euro aquatic e5 's and they do not dim on my fixture. Before anyone chimes in and asks why would I put these in an ATI fixture, I like that blue pop that leds give and I would prefer not to add any strips to the side. Clean finished look with the fixture over a 75 gallon rimless . The only thing that I would want is for them to dim and maybe more blue than the euro's blue pop. I am trying to find a royal blue led supplement that my aquaillumination sol blues had . I thought about DIY but then I thought again,LOL!

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these dim on an ATI dimmable fixture? I have the euro aquatic e5 's and they do not dim on my fixture. Before anyone chimes in and asks why would I put these in an ATI fixture, I like that blue pop that leds give and I would prefer not to add any strips to the side. Clean finished look with the fixture over a 75 gallon rimless . The only thing that I would want is for them to dim and maybe more blue than the euro's blue pop. I am trying to find a royal blue led supplement that my aquaillumination sol blues had . I thought about DIY but then I thought again,LOL!

Yes, they will dim with ATI T5 dimmable sunpower fixtures. I'm currently using a 6 bulb ATI fixture and the bulbs work very well with their dimmable ballasts.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order will be placed tomorrow, have to give them a try. What's another $150 for two new bulbs? God I love this hobby. I think it makes me go to work everyday ...... just saying.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you! You should see our warehouse. Some days it makes me gasp on all the inventory we have. Because my life is apparently not exciting enough I had the hair brained idea of getting back into livestock with our new coral farm and showroom.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So .... I got my shipment already . Ordered on Friday and surprised when I got home from work Monday ,( yesterday) with a box at my door step. First impression is I like them better then the euro aquatics e5's . More royal blue to my eyes which is what I was looking for. Thank you Aquarium Specialty for the speedy delivery!!!

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored a factory second 8 bulb ATI. I might try a couple of these in there.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, how many watts are these tubes? Which one would you recommend if im looking to put this in a 6 bulb ATI primarily for dawn and dusk pop when only 2 bulbs are on?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, how many watts are these tubes? Which one would you recommend if im looking to put this in a 6 bulb ATI primarily for dawn and dusk pop when only 2 bulbs are on?
That is what I am running now, I run the all blue 20k in 2 channels of my ATI 6 bulb . It is not a Windex blue.... , but it is more blue to me than the euro aquatics E5 that I tried.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
debating one of these instead of having to attach a reefbrite (more $, another cord, clunky looking) for zoa pop late night.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used the full reef bright strip , but I have used their blue led moonlights . The blue moon light was not that deep royal that makes things pop . Not sure what type of blue leds they use in their strip lighting , just something to consider if it is the same type of blue as their moon light . I am very satisfied with my purchase of the bio tek 20k blue , coming from an original aquaillumination sol blue led system back over to T5's . I did miss that royal blue pop and was considering the reefbright strip lighting myself but couldn't bite the bullet and spend that kind of money if it wasn't the blue I was looking for. The bio tek gives me the nighttime pop I was looking for and keeps the install looking clean over the rimless tank. I did notice recently that SB Reef Lights is making a led bar that looks promising. It uses the Cree royal blue led ( same as the aquailluminatio sol blue) with some Uv leds and is 100 watts!!. Kit comes complete with a swivel mount that bolts onto the fixture , so no going to home depot to fabricate something!!!

Back