Bipolarbear's new kitchen (with 225gal peninsula)

professor farnsworth futurama GIF


I have officially started my sabbatical! Let the projects commence!
 
So first thing I had to do was empty my fish room and setup a temporary sump. It's become a nightmare of equipment and tools everywhere and a rat's nest of wires and tubes to say the least.

PXL_20240526_202344878.jpg
PXL_20240526_202322459.MP.jpg
PXL_20240528_014447063.jpg
PXL_20240528_014436842.jpg
 
Bit of an update. Construction is still coming along, the floors have been reinforced and LVP has been installed. The walls and ceiling are now insulated and covered with sheathing and painted. I have started constructing the custom shelves and I'm still working out the details on where I want each of those to be. I "should" be able to get water back in the sump this weekend if everything goes to plan (which it never does).

PXL_20240609_033055186.jpg
PXL_20240614_040327927.jpg
 
Bit of an update. Construction is still coming along, the floors have been reinforced and LVP has been installed. The walls and ceiling are now insulated and covered with sheathing and painted. I have started constructing the custom shelves and I'm still working out the details on where I want each of those to be. I "should" be able to get water back in the sump this weekend if everything goes to plan (which it never does).

PXL_20240609_033055186.jpg
PXL_20240614_040327927.jpg
I have luxury vinyl in my fish room and it is great. I love being able to splash all the water I want with no worries. We are actually installing it on the main flier of our house as well in prep of the new 300g tank I’m installing
 
I'm happy to report that construction on the fish room is complete. Here are some pictures of the finished product:
PXL_20240628_180507717.jpg
PXL_20240628_180523531.jpg
PXL_20240628_180531541.jpg
PXL_20240628_180538699.jpg
PXL_20240628_180553482.jpg
 
I'm happy to report that construction on the fish room is complete. Here are some pictures of the finished product:
PXL_20240628_180507717.jpg
PXL_20240628_180523531.jpg
PXL_20240628_180531541.jpg
PXL_20240628_180538699.jpg
PXL_20240628_180553482.jpg
Glad to see the room is complete!
 
Well I have been dreading making this post. It's been a rough couple of weeks on my tank. A heat wave hit California and for a week straight we have had temps over 100 degrees, sometimes hitting 110. During this time my chiller crapped the bed and temps went wild. I was able to keep things under 82 in the tank by freezing saltwater in gallon containers and adding them when the temp started to spike but I was seeing a swing of 3 degrees in an 8 hour time period during this time. STN hit hard and I have lost about 50% of my SPS.

I ended up driving 5 hours to buy a 1/2 HP chiller for a good price which is now kicking butt and keeping the temp within a .5 degree swing.

My high priced SPS seems to be surviving but the STN just keeps spreading, so I'm just waiting right now to see if this will eventually stop and stabilize again.
 
Sorry to hear, fingers crossed the STN stops and the tank rebounds better than ever
 
So after the STN event I held off on adding any additional SPS for 8 months. During this time I took the opportunity to upgrade my Calcium Reactor to this guy: GEO Super Silent Extreme CR818SSE Calcium Reactor

I started adding some acros again slowly before summer as I was going to be on vacation for 5 weeks and leaving the tank on auto pilot. The great news is that I didn't lose a thing while I was gone.

I'm going to be posting some pictures of corals as I'm going to print some 2-D barcodes to attach to coral containers for an upcoming frag swap. Figured it would look cleaner than my handwriting and people could get linked to my build thread and see what the corals look like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new