Birds Nest Dipping

Terry Mattson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
556
Reaction score
358
Location
Emory Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LPS, zoa, mushroom tank doing well. I would like to place a sps birdsnest in the upper portion on a ledge directly under light with fairly strong flow. Before buying one, wanted to get input from community.

Tank is 1 year old. Red Sea 350 (91 total gallons less rock). Refugium with cheto. H380 refugium light. Protein skimmer. Do run a little GFO and occasional carbon. UV light. I dose kalkwisser using a dosing pump. A little every hour. Test my water weekly. Magnesium and iodine nonthly.

1.026
8.0 to 8.5
1350
78.7 degrees
420 to 450
Iodine .06
Ph 8.0 to 8.17
P04 .046
P03 <2 ppm

Questions: is a birdsnest a fairly easy sps for my tank? Is placing the birds nest on the back wall ledge a good location or top of rock right side of tank, next to orange zoas. ? Can the birds nest sps coral be safely dipped in Coral RX?

20191111_092759.jpg 20191111_092816.jpg 20191111_092829.jpg 20191105_150343.jpg 20191105_150352.jpg
 
Have not used coral rx, but I use reef dip and revive on mine with great results so i imagine that it will be fine.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new