Birdsnest GHA/Cyano getting Tangled

Aussiemarine

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Messages
410
Reaction score
352
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

I’m having issues with GHA and cyano getting tangled on my birdsnest. It’s not growing on it or anything but it’s irritating it and I’m worried I’ll start seeing RTN/STN.

I am blowing it off like twice a day but it’s not sustainable to keep doing that.

I am trying to reduce nutrients etc to reduce algae but is there anything else I can do here? If I increase flow around it I might make it worse or strip the coral.

Anyone else having similar issues?

8156841C-F725-4942-9120-F0C7F22A88B7.jpeg
2CA83C68-AC53-40B4-96CD-E56A78D00323.png
 
Pick off what you can by hand and add some snails such as turbo, astrea, cerith, nerite and trochus
 
Are you sure you don't have a dinoflagellates infestation?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new