Birdsnest pest id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No wrasses yet, haven't been able to replace the one I lost in the outrage yet since re-starting this.
I've found that my melanurus wrasse is a great predator for the small aquarium nuisances we often get. I had some red bugs come in with a maricultured piece I got (before I started dipping corals), got the wrasse, and the next day saw zero red bugs, small feather duster worms, and large amphipods. The little guy also took out a small barnacle on the same acro and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I no longer have vermetied snails haha
 
I've found that my melanurus wrasse is a great predator for the small aquarium nuisances we often get. I had some red bugs come in with a maricultured piece I got (before I started dipping corals), got the wrasse, and the next day saw zero red bugs, small feather duster worms, and large amphipods. The little guy also took out a small barnacle on the same acro and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I no longer have vermetied snails haha

I'm in the market to replace my Fiji Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, mainly because clowns don't come in green :P

I dumped three different kinds of pods in a little over a week ago so they should be good and established by the time I get a pod predator in the tank. Hopefully they aren't bigger then he is by the time I find one :P
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new