BirdsNest

ChicagoNanoGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come there is so many varieties of Acros and such a limited selection of birdnest ... Anyone seen any truly unique birds nest ? Post some pictures if you have them I am building a wish list

Thanks

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come there is so many varieties of Acros and such a limited selection of birdnest ... Anyone seen any truly unique birds nest ? Post some pictures if you have them I am building a wish list

Thanks
Species-wise, there appears to be a lot more varieties of Acropora because there are so many species of them, and each species can have varying colors and patterns. Birsnest corals, on the other hand, is collectively made up of a few common species and a few not so common, each generally having a specific color or pattern.

Take a look at these two wikipedia pages and you'll see what I'm talking about :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seriatopora

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acropora

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used to see more of a variety in BN. Seems there aren't many people keeping them anymore. There are some cool cross-breeds and color morphs out there you just have to look. This was one of my favorite, very slow grower for a BN. Pink body with glowing polyps. Think it was a Caliendrum morph, came from RC back when they were still in business.
IMG_4309.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back