Birmingham?

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if Birmingham has died out? Not seeing anything going on around here anymore. Would love to find more people local to buy from and even figure out what all stores are still around. Maybe even start a Central Alabama Club if enough are interested since BARF has all but gone mute the past year

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of maybe 2-3 other people that I've met since starting back in the hobby at the being of the year. I haven't seem much communication on here for the Bham area. There's only 1 store over on 280. I'd be interested but may be a little hard with the pandemic still kinda going around.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with that, I'm from Chelsea and spend a lot of time around your area for work
I'm from Chelsea too, Not sure what kind of tank you have running, but would be glad to pass on some frags to you if interested. Nothing fancy, just some small pieces. Would be nice to have another reef contact in the area.
Christian

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Hoover but wouldn’t mind meeting up sometime. I run an all softie tank. Any soft frags?

OP
OP
Thrashed

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BARF has started coming back to life slowly now that covid is slowly moving out of everyone's direct thoughts

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I'm back in the hobby after a 5-6 year hiatus. Just started up a new tank about a month ago.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a reef store in Birmingham area? will be visiting in the area, Driving through Tuscaloosa to get there.... so that's another idea. Thanks in advance.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a reef store in Birmingham area? will be visiting in the area, Driving through Tuscaloosa to get there.... so that's another idea. Thanks in advance.
Reeflife down 280 on east side of Birmingham. Not sure if you are passing through today, not sure about traffic since tornado passed across 280 right up the hill yesterday.
aquarium imports also in Hoover but have not been over there in a year or so.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking for? Reef Life usually has a solid supply of fish, but their coral selection has been pitiful lately (through no fault of their own, it's just tough to get corals these days). If you're looking for coral then you may have to look at other towns. Budman has an operation out of his garage in Montgomery with a bunch of great stuff, and then H@rry has a great setup in Huntsville (though I've only ever ordered online from him).

I don't know how I missed this thread but I've been trying to collect emails for anyone interested in connecting. So for anyone that's interested, and hasn't already sent me your info, please feel free to PM it to me. We had an initial meeting last year just a couple of weeks before COVID hit and I've been trying to at least collect emails to keep people in touch. Hopefully we can set up something up in the next few months to meet.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have another Bham reefer! Pro-tip for the area when you think you're ready for coral. Check @vcollins9850 sale thread to see if he has anything. I've purchased stuff from him a few times and it's always incredibly cheap, and he's got stuff that should be perfect for you as a newbie.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back