BJD

Bigrome57

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a head of my frogspawn that was coming back, can’t tell if it’s brown jelly or tissue/mucus etc? I’ve attached a pic of with and without( suctioned off) the suspected film



IMG_2976.png

IMG_2975.jpeg

IMG_2973.png

IMG_2972.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Very hard to say with these pics its not clear enough to me, but I'm inclined to say mucus.
 
Its still coming back after sucking it out? Are there polyps/flesh there, or is it just skeleton? It might be bjd I can't say for sure with these pics

The other polyps look perfectly fine so I'd be inclined to keep removing it but honestly thats just my opinion. I've had polyps get stung before and they got bjd and I sucked it out and it didn't transfer to the other polyps and it turned out ok. Thats just my 2 cents, hope others have better suggestions, good luck
 
Its still coming back after sucking it out? Are there polyps/flesh there, or is it just skeleton? It might be bjd I can't say for sure with these pics

The other polyps look perfectly fine so I'd be inclined to keep removing it but honestly thats just my opinion. I've had polyps get stung before and they got bjd and I sucked it out and it didn't transfer to the other polyps and it turned out ok. Thats just my 2 cents, hope others have better suggestions, good luck
Yeah polyps and flesh good underneath, that’s what’s shown under the blue lights. Honestly that’s what’s confusing.
 
It looks close enough to BJD that I would personally clip that head and discard it. You don't want it to spread if you can prevent it early.

It's good that you removed the slime through suction. Nothing spreads BJD faster than blasting it off the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new