OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been busy. I will take another pic of it running and then I am boxing it up ans sending it to tryolee probably monday.

And yea 5 inch would work but you want to hold back on the water throughput. it would make it really turbulent.

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I will pick Lee's and your brain for this one... if I build it I have a spare 100 sitting in the garage I can use it on thats for sure...

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the second one built... sorry this kind of drug on. lots going on.

this pump is so much more than a sicce it isnt funny.

0721001755.jpg

0721001756.jpg

0721001903.jpg

0721001941.jpg

Bubble blaster 2000 pump. pulling 1250 lph of air. 4 inch neck 6 inch body. This was some testing before the final assembly was done. Amazing skimmer. Took it too buddies house and fired it up on his tank.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
running in 5 inches of saltwater in sink just to get and idea..... what do you think ?
Ill get some pic tonight. The bubble plate is 4 inches and is perfect. no downward turbulence.

LOVETHISHOBBY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the lucky reefer to get Mojo's most amazing skimmer yet. It's one bad butt skimmer. As soon as it breaks in, I'll post pics of it in action. Thanks again Mojo!!

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is really nice guys. The bubble action is great and the foam head is a mile high. Amazing. Kinda makes me drewl. Wish I had one....

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea ill have to stop by and take a few pics for the record book too. Saw it today and its breaking in nicely.

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread. I'm always impressed what people are able to fabricate with their own hands. Were both skimmers in this thread made the same size? I noticed the pumps were run differently. What water volume would you rate each one for?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both built the exact same. I built the first one with the pump internal and the second one I built with the pump external with the SRO pump. The one with the sicce I would rate with any sicce. I heavy stocked 125g display.

the second one with the sro 2000 moves a more water and I would say tops about 180 gallons.

Both are really nice units.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have the skills and tools to make one to keep up with a very heavily stocked tank...at $200 for supplies the price is right as well. Unfortunately...I dont have the skills or the tools. Cool build guys.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. The brother to this skimmer is running in a buddy of mines tank. Same body and everything but is using a extrenal bubbleblaster 2000 pump. ITs amazing. Great skimmer for sure. I can longer make them either.... :( new job doesnt have a lathe that I can use. its all good. There are only a couple mojo skimmers out there. 5 in all. Learned a lot building them for sure. well thank again

Mojo~

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i missed the question... I would say that the siccce ran skimmer is good for a 150 g tank max. the psk 2500 just doesnt move enough water IMO for anything larger. No matter what body its on.
The Bubble blaster powered version moves a little more water and air and would be good for up to about 180g tank. after that I would think a 8 in body skimmer would be a better fit.

Mojo~

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back