OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are still going rough for the tank. I've lost some nice corals. My nitrates and phosphates are embarrassingly high. Partially due to the tank being fed multiple times a day without my knowledge. If my losses are due to them being out of whack is something I am unsure of but, I'm not adding anything else until I fix the problem at hand and feel confident in my and the tanks ability to keep it alive. I still have some nice pieces hanging in there. I've started daily water changes, vinegar dosing and GFO to help get things back in check. Hope this combo helps things rebound, I may add an algae scrubber to help, undecided about that.

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, sorry for the lost. I am currently dosing vinegar mixed with voka and rodi water it is big help.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, sorry for the lost. I am currently dosing vinegar mixed with voka and rodi water it is big help.

Why are you using both? Isn't that redundant? My understanding is that they both do the same thing, although the vodka is more potent.

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the same formula as the Red Sea NO3PO4 (NoPOX) product.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this tank is no longer. After the AEFW battle the tank crashed and I lost at least 90% of what I had. I'm still at a loss for what caused the crash but it was slow and agonizing and I could no longer stand the sight of the tank in the house. I gave myself two options: Start over completely with something completely different or move on from the hobby. I chose to downsize and start over. I now have a 93 rimless cube, I've started a build thread for that tank but rarely update.

kingrl2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, sorry to hear man. I'm proud you decided to stay in the hobby and not let it get the best of you.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back