Black algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kingair
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kingair

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
13
Location
Airdrie Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone come across black looking algae that doesn't come off by picking or scrubbing it with a brush?
 
Has anyone come across black looking algae that doesn't come off by picking or scrubbing it with a brush?
Looks black under white light?
 
Best I could do
 

Attachments

  • 20240221_185829.jpg
    20240221_185829.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20240221_185805.jpg
    20240221_185805.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 96
I do a weekly water change with rodi water. Also just finished a dosing chemi clean, and it didn't even touch it.
 
OK it's green under white lights at 100%
 

Attachments

  • 17085658693257956801733681390419.jpg
    17085658693257956801733681390419.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 72

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new