black and blue clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter boxer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

boxer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
306
Reaction score
4
Location
Augusta, G.A.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0510.jpg
 
Nice looking electric blue Maxima! It does look a bit pinched though. What fish and inverts do you have? Are there any corals near by that can sting it? Do you run GFO? Do you use carbon? I would hold off on the FWD, lets see what is causing it first.
 
Nice looking electric blue Maxima! It does look a bit pinched though. What fish and inverts do you have? Are there any corals near by that can sting it? Do you run GFO? Do you use carbon? I would hold off on the FWD, lets see what is causing it first.

I have a helfrichs fire fish, 2 clowns, elongated dottyback, cardinal fish, and a sail fin blenny. My inverts are: turbos, astreas, blue leg hermits, and a peppermint shrimp. dont run gfo and i dont use carbon. Ive been giving it a freshwater bath about once a month for the past 3 months and it always cures it temporarily. I almost think its Perkinsus
 
It could ether be the shrimp picking at it or something is triggering the PM. I would run carbon on the tank for a few days, changing it daily. This often clears up PM. FWD often stress a clam to death.
 
It could ether be the shrimp picking at it or something is triggering the PM. I would run carbon on the tank for a few days, changing it daily. This often clears up PM. FWD often stress a clam to death.
I wont argue with you about the shrimp hes top predator in my tank. I was actually going to move him out tomorrow and put him in the sump. The only reason im still doing the freshwater baths is because this is what the supplier that i got this clam from does to thier clams and they are probably the most well know and largest supplier here in florida, But since its only a temporary fix im going to use your advice and see if its a better alternative. I would really like to find a fix because this clam is beautiful and ive already lost another one from this same problem. Thanks again and i will deff update my results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new