Black band under euphyllia tissue

  • Thread starter Thread starter kilnakorr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kilnakorr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
575
Location
Denmark
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed one of my torches has a very black band below the skeleton tissue, and wondering if I should be concerned?
20241110_150844.jpg

Don't mind it's retracted as they do that from time to time.
I cannot say if there's been any receeding tissue, as I really can't remember how it was when I added it.

Any input is appreciated.
 
Need a better picture and if you could circle what you are looking at. I have no idea what you are referring too.
I find the image to show it very well.
It's the difference in color just below the skeleton tissue.
20241110_150844.jpg

I'm wondering if this could be a bacteria issue.
 
From the angle I couldn’t tell if that was even part of the coral. Looked like the top of a black plug. If it’s on the exposed old skeleton I would see if it can be scraped off. My guess is it could be some sort of sponge but can’t really tell much from the photo
 
From the angle I couldn’t tell if that was even part of the coral. Looked like the top of a black plug. If it’s on the exposed old skeleton I would see if it can be scraped off. My guess is it could be some sort of sponge but can’t really tell much from the photo
Thanks. I might try to see if it can be remove and get an idea of the texture.
At least I have a picture now and can monitor it, to see if it grows / tissue receeding.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new