Whats going on with my Hammer?

flipboard7431

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this white stuff near the flesh band and looks to be under as well. Anything to be concerned about? Any input is appreciated!

0357a50c-207c-49eb-bf9b-e67284506872.jpg
 
It kinda looks like mesenterial filaments. So interesting that it’s gut tissue would be creeping out the side under the flesh bad; if that’s what it is. Looks like it may have split the flesh band.

Really not sure. If I’m half right, still not sure what that means and anything else is just a guess. Literally everything else appears fine. I see barnacles growing on the outside that would be harmless. The old skeleton looks pretty porous; there could be something there. Maybe something is burrowing from inside out? Remember when I said I would be guessing?

I’d wait it out a couple days if it can handle it. Then I might dip it if I got paranoid. But hopefully someone else can add on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new