Black bugs help!

Sharkattackmack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
357
Reaction score
227
Location
Calgary
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking closely at my tank I noticed these black bugs on my Forrest fire digi. Colors on the digi hasn't changed. Bright green tips with vibrant red poylps. Hasn't seen them on any of my other acros. What does everyone think is my best course of action?

PXL_20260419_140335770.MP.jpg PXL_20260419_140313215.MP.jpg
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260419_140144216.mp4
    61.7 MB
  • PXL_20260419_140249746.mp4
    82.6 MB
Looking closely at my tank I noticed these black bugs on my Forrest fire digi. Colors on the digi hasn't changed. Bright green tips with vibrant red poylps. Hasn't seen them on any of my other acros. What does everyone think is my best course of action?

PXL_20260419_140335770.MP.jpg PXL_20260419_140313215.MP.jpg
I would use a bayer dip asap!
 
I would look at the interceptor threads. I didn’t know that black bugs are a problem with montipora but it looks like they might be.
 
I would look at the interceptor threads. I didn’t know that black bugs are a problem with montipora but it looks like they might be.
I spoke to my vet last week and she said she will get me interceptor. I'm just looking up some dosage charts now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new