Black Clown Goby won’t eat

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black clown goby has some ich and refuses to eat. I use seachem’s garlic additive as well as selcon, metroplex and the other two, and vitachem in some freeze dried mysis. I heard it soaks up everything better so I use this but I also have frozen. What should I do?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My black clown goby has some ich and refuses to eat. I use seachem’s garlic additive as well as selcon, metroplex and the other two, and vitachem in some freeze dried mysis. I heard it soaks up everything better so I use this but I also have frozen. What should I do?
It likely has reached its gills and stop with metro which will not help and has to be applied at precise weight at .5gm and garlic and vitamins are immunity booster, not a cure.
Is it ich or secondary lesions or??? - Please post clear pic under white light intensity for assessment

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the goby? Starvation is sometimes an issue with newly collected ones. Live baby brine shrimp often is the best thing to try.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the goby? Starvation is sometimes an issue with newly collected ones. Live baby brine shrimp often is the best thing to try.
Ive had it for about a month and it actually still eats frozen mysis pretty ravenously. He's just getting a bit thinner so I was getting a bit worried. I just fed him again today and he started eating a bit. I think I'm going to just try to feed very small amounts frequently throughout the day and hope that he eats a bit more. I also culture a bunch of tigger pods so I'm going to see if he takes a liking to them too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back