Black comb tooth Blenny + transparent cave goby

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering adding a black comb tooth Blenny and transparent cave goby to my JBJ 45, but just wanted to check to here others opinion before making any purchase.
My current fish are a coral beauty, a clownfish, a banghaii cardinal, a (Biota) mandarin dragonet, yellow coris wrasse, and two blue green chromis. I have a longbose hawk in QT, and would add the two fish to the QT tank with him before adding all 3 to the reef.
From what I could read neither of the fish seem very aggressive and would be good fits. I’d add a nori strip for the coral beauty and the Blenny or two the formula 2 flakes I’ve seen recommended on other threads.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP

My only comment is IMHO you are getting very close to having enough/too many fish in a 45g tank.

OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP

My only comment is IMHO you are getting very close to having enough/too many fish in a 45g tank.
Definitely. The filtration should’nt be a problem as I have a gallon of pond matrix in the sump and two skimmers. Everyone gets along right now but I know any additional fish may tip the scale to aggression.
I’m considering a flametail Blenny over the black comb tooth as I’ve seen a few threads about them eating SPS.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a transparent cave goby in my big tank. They are awesome. I have a pink spot diamond also with no issues they have created a little neighborhood on one side of the tank. The cave goby has a great personality and will eat anything. I mean anything he will be fine with your current stock. They are really neat fish. He will dig and make a house but once he is finished he will be very active and out. They are little pigs though. Good luck and enjoy him!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back