New Blenny Getting Picked On

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we added 3 new fish (whitetail bristle tooth tang, midas blanny and royal gramma from our QT system to our display. The tang and gramma seem okay but the midas was getting picked on by our flame hawkfish. The hawkfish seems to have lost interest for now but now the blenny is in the top corner of the tank swimming constantly, presumably to stay clear of the hawk. Do you think I should give them some time or remove the midas while I have the chance? Thanks.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we added 3 new fish (whitetail bristle tooth tang, midas blanny and royal gramma from our QT system to our display. The tang and gramma seem okay but the midas was getting picked on by our flame hawkfish. The hawkfish seems to have lost interest for now but now the blenny is in the top corner of the tank swimming constantly, presumably to stay clear of the hawk. Do you think I should give them some time or remove the midas while I have the chance? Thanks.
Since midas blennies like to have a home rock hole to inhabit a flame hawk may not love them. Be sure to have a tight lid as under duress if they don't have a safe hole to dive to midas are prolific jumpers. I'd keep an eye on it and if it continued sump the hawkfish for a couple days and reintroduce once the midas settles in. Hawkfish are quite easy to catch

OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a live stream of what going on now.

Could I put the hawk in the QT instead? It's a cycled tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back