Black fuzz

BigYD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new here and I have a 20-gal saltwater tank. one day I spotted some black spots and it started to spread. I went to my local fish store for advice, but he could not identify it. now it's starting to get out of hand and i have no idea what it is. it's not a slim or Ciano. I have a clown fish a Pj cardinal and exquisite fire fish Aswell as a toadstool, I need help and help fast.

IMG-0010.JPG IMG-0009.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I'm new here and I have a 20-gal saltwater tank. one day I spotted some black spots and it started to spread. I went to my local fish store for advice, but he could not identify it. now it's starting to get out of hand and i have no idea what it is. it's not a slim or Ciano. I have a clown fish a Pj cardinal and exquisite fire fish Aswell as a toadstool, I need help and help fast.

IMG-0010.JPG IMG-0009.JPG
Looks like a substance known as lyngbya and you will need to place the rock in a container of tank water and scrub it off with a firm toothbrush and return to tank
After- add chiton, astrea and ninja star snails to help with control

Fishman718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happenned in my tank before. I throw away the stone. Im not sure about a toothbrush. Some creatures in salt water could be spread if you destory it.

OP
OP
B

BigYD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not only on the rock. Its on other things as well such as the wall. Would the snails them selfs do it? Where does it come from?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back