Toadstool Leather advice

phillyb614

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am in need of advice. My clown has been hosting my toadstool leather (even though I have 3 perfectly good BTAs ugh!) I think she ended up damaging it. There is now a ugly black spot on it and the tentacles are not coming out near the spot. Maybe a can cut this area off? I have never dragged anything before, but in some videos I have seen, people cut sections out on toadstools like this to frag them. If anyone could take the time to give some detailed advice on how to handle this, I would appreciate it.

IMG_4047.jpeg

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where you’re coming from: no damage yet, but the toadstool does get irritated and closes up. I am debating whether I should break up this relationship.
IMG_3190.jpeg

drivingmecrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would keep an eye on it. For now my recommendation would be, not to chop it. I would just watch it and see what happens. If the spot gets worse possibly an Iodine along with an antibiotic dip.

I might even consider reducing the amount of light on it.

I have fragged them no problem cutting the crowns. But with your clown hosting in it I would wonder if it may stress it out.

Toadstools can take a beating for sure. Be sure you have the proper level of Iodine in your system. I recommend. 0.06um I personally keep my tanks higher around 0.08um.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape a photo of a clown in an anemone to your tank. I have know this to work many times to get the clown to move to the anemones.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back