Black ich spot is now gone, do nothing?

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My young biota yellow tang had a single black spot on it. He's been good for about a month in my tank. I saw the black spot, my wife saw it, it was real. However, now it's gone. I suspect one of the cleaner shrimps or my cleaner goby got to it. That's why I can't post a picture.

He's eating well and he's not scratching on rocks. I'm tempted to do nothing, just observe. Maybe I can medicate food and feed it to the tank?

What would you do?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My young biota yellow tang had a single black spot on it. He's been good for about a month in my tank. I saw the black spot, my wife saw it, it was real. However, now it's gone. I suspect one of the cleaner shrimps or my cleaner goby got to it. That's why I can't post a picture.

He's eating well and he's not scratching on rocks. I'm tempted to do nothing, just observe. Maybe I can medicate food and feed it to the tank?

What would you do?
Observe yes and a black spot can be anything from post injury and vitamin deficiency but hard to tell without a pic or too. Assure its getting a proper diet and good water quality is maintained

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back