Tang is not doing good

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have got copper now. I still would like to know if my fish would be ok in my 13.5 gallon evo for 6-8 weeks while they go through qt procedures and then stay in there a little while longer. All my fish are still juvenile. Its 2 chalk bass, a royal gramma, and 2 occelaris clowns. 5 fish now unfortunately the tang passed.
Hard to say, it’s small for sure but they have a better chance there than where they are so go for it and monitor them. Throw some fake plants or something in there for them to hide out.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, it’s small for sure but they have a better chance there than where they are so go for it and monitor them. Throw some fake plants or something in there for them to hide out.
Yeah I have 2 jointed pvc pipes for some hiding spots

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture of the qt tank setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is going to be a real issue along with aggression with that many fish in a tank that size. Be sure to be very mindful of both. Best choice would be additional tanks.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is going to be a real issue along with aggression with that many fish in a tank that size. Be sure to be very mindful of both. Best choice would be additional tanks.
Yeah that would definitely be the best choice but I don’t really have the funds to do so. I have a lot of biological media in there that’s already seeded. I also have prime on hand which I know you can use with copper power. I’ll update every so often. My fish aren’t really aggressive the most aggressive species I have is the clowns however they don’t really show much aggression whatsoever to any fish. The only thing my female shows aggression to is my hand when I go to clean the tank.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that would definitely be the best choice but I don’t really have the funds to do so. I have a lot of biological media in there that’s already seeded. I also have prime on hand which I know you can use with copper power. I’ll update every so often. My fish aren’t really aggressive the most aggressive species I have is the clowns however they don’t really show much aggression whatsoever to any fish. The only thing my female shows aggression to is my hand when I go to clean the tank.
Should just use a sponge from the tank. Avoid things like rocks and bio balls as they can effect the meds making dosing difficult.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back