Clown Tang Not Breathing Right & In Sand

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP!
I just came home from work on lunch and noticed my clown tang in his hiding spot in a rock not swimming around & breathing heavy. I offered seaweed per usual and he will not come out and looks to be injured or something. All of my other fish are doing just fine. He was swimming around last night all normal and now this. Below is the video I just took on lunch.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
HELP!
I just came home from work on lunch and noticed my clown tang in his hiding spot in a rock not swimming around & breathing heavy. I offered seaweed per usual and he will not come out and looks to be injured or something. All of my other fish are doing just fine. He was swimming around last night all normal and now this. Below is the video I just took on lunch.

Could have used another 20 seconds of play to count respirations and looks further for any signs of injury. Heavy breathing can be water, flukes or oxygen issue. For now, at least change water, inspect fish closely for any dots or unusual marks and report back. Also if you post another video, please use bright white intensity in lieu of blue lighting

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could have used another 20 seconds of play to count respirations and looks further for any signs of injury. Heavy breathing can be water, flukes or oxygen issue. For now, at least change water, inspect fish closely for any dots or unusual marks and report back. Also if you post another video, please use bright white intensity in lieu of blue lighting
I can get a better video later tonight when I get home. I'll do a water change tonight and play around with getting some more oxygen into the tank.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick overnight stuff like that can be after a dispute with someone else.

Someone in your DT?

Someone you might suspect?
I have a niger trigger(spends most of his time in his cave), yellow coris wrasse, melanurus wrasse, and a purple tang. him & the purple have been model citizens since he was put in about 3 months ago; but anything can happen overnight.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a niger trigger(spends most of his time in his cave), yellow coris wrasse, melanurus wrasse, and a purple tang. him & the purple have been model citizens since he was put in about 3 months ago; but anything can happen overnight.
Go got some suspects, not to say this is an issue.
Many times, squirmishes, are temporary.
Keep an eye. Stuff happens at night.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go got some suspects, not to say this is an issue.
Many times, squirmishes, are temporary.
Keep an eye. Stuff happens at night.
I'll keep a look out for anything suspicious. I had my mom stop by to look in the tank and she said he is in the same spot but still breathing. Hopefully I'll be back with a good update!

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE : i have him in an acclimation box, my hospital tank had a massive crack so i can’t use that. i noticed he has a bunch of white marks on both side of his body. i am assuming from the rock he has been leaning on. he did swim to the other side of the tank but was planted in the sand. i dont know what more to do, i increased the oxygen in the tank and did a water change a few minutes ago. any help is better than no help.

https://youtube.com/shorts/J_Vv9yRVjjg?si=B8Nxyt0PLiuUPv6E

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back