Black label corals

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All , after reading some of the negative reviews after doing a Google search Black Label Corals I was curious to see if they would respond back to my email in a timely manner. Well they did and I stated he did have some nice looking coral but I was skeptical after reading negative review about various things. He responded back telling me he has resolved all the issues . I responded back saying if I purchased now could he ship out this past Tuesday for arrival on Wednesday. We'll I went ahead and ordered a few frags when he was having his sale telling myself if I get screwed on this I wouldn't be out of pocket a little over $150 including the overnight to Florida. Check email Tuesday and to my amazement there was his email with UPS tracking # and package arrived Wednesday. Shipping and packaging were good and frags looked amazing after acclimating and putting in tank. Only thing I could see as a improvement for them would be to check temp to final destination to see if they need ice pack or heat pack. Other than that I feel it went pretty well and would encourage others to reach out and ask questions to the business if in doubt. I would not be afraid to order again and plus that 70% off sale was well worth the gamble.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been around the block a few times in my life. Perfect service for the first few times until you are comfortable and place that big order.... that's where they get you, that's how scams work. Not saying I'm right, just suggesting prudence.

Type black label corals into the r2r search, there's a complaint about them from just 3 weeks ago....

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang I was really tempted to order one of the Goldnana Torches but now reading all these bad reviews im a little nervous

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang I was really tempted to order one of the Goldnana Torches but now reading all these bad reviews im a little nervous
I was skeptical also , I also did a google search and read reviews. They had a 70% off sale on acro's last week. I took the gamble and they shipped out as we discussed and received them this past wendsday. All look great and would not hesitate to order from them again.

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re a chop shop lol, come on guys and gals look at the pics. It’s all fresh cut Mari colonies of the same 25 corals renamed. I’m laughing looking at the site, because they even sell the Mari colonies in the frag section, showing you they’re a chop shop. And they want $250-$500 a colony that is fresh of the plane that cost them about $50 or less shipped. You need to learn to spot these things and be careful, fresh mari cuts have a very low long term success rate.

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve had a few bad experiences with this company. And one thing to notice, they/he always advertises that corals are 80% off but that’s because he jacked up the prices 80%. He tricks people into thinking they’re getting a good deal.

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The hell with that company. First off when you check out their site a message pops up to join their emails and you’ll get a 50% off coupon. Upon doing so I check my email and it’s a 15% coupon(red flag number 1)
I then go on to email them stating this problem and he said he would email me a code but then stated it can’t be used during the sale(this is not mentioned while signing up for email nor does it say this in the actual email with the code)
Well I go on to use the 15% off code that is meant for your first order(which happen to be during a sale)
Well a few days go by and I hear nothing so I email them asking when my order will be shipped and I then receive an invoice stating I needed to pay them more money. In the same email dude tells me I can’t use the 15% discount code and I would have to pay the remaining balance. I was already fed up at this point so I tell him just to cancel $300 order over his little bs $28 invoice. The really top this whole experience off he goes in to tell me I would have to pay a 25% restocking fee if I cancel
A restocking fee on a coral that hasn’t even moved
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Place is a joke

jjhall99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar story. I ordered over the weekend prior to that "80% off" sale, but at that point it was only 60% off. Signed up for his e-mail to receive an additional 15% off. On Monday 60% off became 80% and i realized I paid $50 for what should have been free shipping. E-mailed to ask for an additional frag for the overpayment on shipping and received no reply. Same on tuesday. On wednesday, I received a separate e-mail stating that I used a code that was not permitted for use during a sale with an additional invoice for the 15% difference. I pointed out there was no fine print on that e-mail and also that I overpaid for shipping and he said he would honor the price paid, but didn't answer prior e-mails or address my overpayment for shipping. Corals arrived on friday and i noticed exactly what is stated above - fresh cuts, freshly glued and shipped. On Saturday, RTN set in on one of the frags and i lost all but 10% of that frag - the others are hanging strong, but look nothing like the photos. According to his instagram, the lights photographed under are Taiwanese devices with lots of blue and UV.

Lesson learned - do your research, read the fine print and buy from well known, reputable dealers or gamble with your money. I own overpaying and not researching. I hope others learn from this. YMMV

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two orders one from nov 18th and Dec 12th.. both have not shipped and other 1K in corals. There communication has been awful. After reading these threads if it does not ship this week I will do a CC charge back.. Should have reached on here sooner.

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI this guy (Jase) is going out of business. had to do a CC charge back on them.. next day I got an email saying they are going out of business. .. but on his instagram he posted he will be opening a "new business"

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Those guys have bad business practices. It's a chop shop store with mariculture cool that I can guaranty you no live in your tank for long. I be done business with them before and they sent me less corals that I ordered and we're annoyed that I asked.
Very sloppy business and would not recommend. They are naming corals similar to brand named ones out there and a lot of new refers fall victim to that thinking they got a deal!. Stay away!

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

Make sure you do not get this company confused with @BlackLabelAquatics

Very similar names….
Agreed

Very similar names and even I assumed the thread was talking about BL Aquatics and not Corals. That’s really unfortunate because I’ve had nothing but awesome experiences with Black Label Aquatics .. they’ve shipped some of the best frags (and largest) I’ve ever gotten

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed

Very similar names and even I assumed the thread was talking about BL Aquatics and not Corals. That’s really unfortunate because I’ve had nothing but awesome experiences with Black Label Aquatics .. they’ve shipped some of the best frags (and largest) I’ve ever gotten
Name recognition.

qualitymanager876

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been around the block a few times in my life. Perfect service for the first few times until you are comfortable and place that big order.... that's where they get you, that's how scams work. Not saying I'm right, just suggesting prudence.

Type black label corals into the r2r search, there's a complaint about them from just 3 weeks ago....
I lost over $300 in December to this scammer who is now using the company name The Frag Plug.

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If any of you are interested in the newest developments with the old Black Label Corals now called The Frag Plug, check this thread out:

jjhall99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just coming here to share the name change as well. T&Cs are same as those at BLC - fair warning to all. No reason to make this change other than to escape the numerous threads like these.

Great to see the community looking out for the community.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back