OP
OP
CoralReefer1019

CoralReefer1019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could potentially kill them. If you want to ride it out i'd suggest getting some vitamin rich food with garlic. It may help boost their immune system and fight it off. The only downfall to that is it's always going to be present in your tank from there on out. So if a stressful event occures that weakens your fish's immune system, its just going to come right back and you'll be right back where you started.

I feed Hikari S, Hikari Extreme Seaweed, Omega One pellets with Garlic, LRS, Mysis and Brine

Naoxyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I could be wrong, but it's not present in any of their white stripes? From the photo's, it looks like the white markings on the clowns are clear from black spots.

Naoxyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no marine expert, but if it was ich, generally it doesnt discriminate what part of the fish it attaches to. And, if it's LPS stings, how has it missed the stripes?

OP
OP
CoralReefer1019

CoralReefer1019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no marine expert, but if it was ich, generally it doesnt discriminate what part of the fish it attaches to. And, if it's LPS stings, how has it missed the stripes?

Yes, on the white part of the fish its completely clear of the black markings

kristinarenee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont treat them in your tank with corals. Medication will kill the corals and inverts. Mine has a couple black spots from getting too close to my frogspawn. I would research the difference between black ich and stings.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast did this appear and has it be growing or is it nearly the same size as it was when you first spotted it?

I ask because I´m not sure that this is any primary attack from any microorganism.

I suspect that this is a secondary effect from a mechanical damage or from slime damage caused by stung of a coral.

When a fish gets a mechanical damage and / or damage to the mucous layer, it will be open for secondary bacterial infections. The unspecific defence system responds by sending macrophages to the injured area in order to fight the attack. In many fish – these molecules do not engulf the attacker (as in mammals) – instead they release their radicals (often H2O2) in the wound in order to lyse the attacker. This will also give tissue damages. To control these tissue damages – the fish use melanin – a potent antioxidant. The result of this will give dark brown or black patches in the fish skin. Normally – they not disappear with age.

I´m not say – that this is what´s happen with your fish – but it could be one explanation to consider

Sincerely Lasse

Back