Black Ocellaris Clown/BTA Behavior

cajunreef985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a BTA like 2 weeks ago. Its acclimated, opening wide, and eating perfectly. The only thing that is not consistent is the bubbling tentacles but im reading that is normal. I have a pair of Black Ocellaris who i knew when i bought the anemone that it was a 50/50 chance they would even make a relationship with the BTA. After a week of acting as if it wasn't there i'm noticing the female is more and more sticking her nose in the anemone, nipping at it, and even doing the "submissive vibration shake" thing they do to the BTA and also to the anemone when its closed LOL ;Joyful IDK man its funny but intriguing because they are more and more swimming around it , straight thru it literally, and just poking around it to me. The BTA isnt bothered by any of it; its not causing it to shrink or close so what do you think is going on? is it gonna happen? are these good signs? no matter what im keeping all three animals i just want to know anyone experience this behavior at all? LMK

OP
OP
cajunreef985

cajunreef985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal...Good signs they will be living in it shortly.
1592251806374.png

OP
OP
cajunreef985

cajunreef985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cool: It took mine almost 2 years to start hosting in the frogspawn. They loved my wavemaker before then.
this is me being patient... consulting the reefsquad for answers lol its been two weeks lol

Thirdeyesight17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cool: It took mine almost 2 years to start hosting in the frogspawn. They don't go near my BTA's. They loved my wavemaker before then.

Same here it took my clowns roughly 2 years to host a BTA. As to the OP as far as the bubble tips I noticed once my nem was done moving around and found its spot, couple days later the bubble tips appeared.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back