Black photon snowflake?? Black phantom snowflake black snowflake

  • Thread starter Thread starter robsreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robsreefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
462
Reaction score
1
Location
sanford fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me the difference between these?? Personally I never heard of a black photon snowflake clownfish .. a store buy me is selling them and I'm kinda interested so any info would be great .... thanks in advance
 
All these clownfish Masters and nobody knows nothing??? Come on now guys and gals somebody must have a little info for me ...please and thanks
 
I think they're the same personally. My phantom and many others I've seen appear to have the same pattern. The pattern does look like a snowflake clown so I think that it's just a new name.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1395919233.878826.jpg
 
Thanks buddy is a store I want to buy a pair from and they have the pair listed as 1 black photon snowflake and one regular black snowflake ... maybe I should just ask them I guess
 
Photon is a black and white occelaris X onyx percula, a hybrid. Google Sanjays photon breeding thread for information on his "odd couple" offspring. If i am not mistaken, phantom is a black snowflake occelaris bred to remove orange coloration that comes with the snowflake this is an occelaris clown and not a hybrid. I have seen these sold as phantom, black snowflake, darksiders and many more. For the advertised name to be correct the parents of the photon snowflake would have to be onyx percula X black ice or black snowflake (phantom) yielding a dark hybrid fish with snowflake markings, the black will darken up as it ages but may keep an orange face (onyx side characteristic). I have never seen this combo please post a picture!!!
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1396489948.039928.jpg


My two were sold as Phantoms but when I asked about the parentage the LFS had no idea. Regardless of what they are, I love them and they are beautiful. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new