Black polyp on rock, bad or good?

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This polyp came along on a frag I guess and now is spreading. It looks kind of nice but wondering if it's going to be a problem in the future, it's only on one rock so far. Should I remove the rock ?

20200225_210322.jpg

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell with the blue lights. I see a zoa polyp growing on the side of the plug. I think I can make out some clove polyps maybe in the dark below the plug.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they are black clove polys , should I pull the rock or just let them go nuts.
They do grow fast and can be nuisance. If they can actually grow over things or not, I am not sure as I have them in a puffer tank and the other things in there grow along side them just fine. The tank has Xenia, gsp, Pandora palys and some kind of purple paly with them. All pests in most people’s opinion lol. But they all grow together fine and just work around each other so to speak.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they are black clove polys , should I pull the rock or just let them go nuts.
I would at a minimum try to isolate them if you want to keep them. Polyp island in the sand maybe. All depends on your plan for corals and space.

OP
OP
plexx

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply's. They are growing super fast so I think I will have to save what zoas I can and toss the rock. They look cool but at the rate they grow , in a few months my tank will be covered in them. Thanks again.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply's. They are growing super fast so I think I will have to save what zoas I can and toss the rock. They look cool but at the rate they grow , in a few months my tank will be covered in them. Thanks again.
Wise choice.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get rid of them, they are smothering my Zoanthids?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back