Black Snowflakes

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't they producing basically hybrid fish which is generally thought of as a big no no in the aquatic community? Either way seems to me most people in the hobby wont be buying these types of fish cause they are not naturally occuring in the wild. This type of stuff usually ruins a companies reputation. Or maybe that's just how it goes in the freshwater cichlid community. Just my opinion

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't they producing basically hybrid fish which is generally thought of as a big no no in the aquatic community? Either way seems to me most people in the hobby wont be buying these types of fish cause they are not naturally occuring in the wild. This type of stuff usually ruins a companies reputation. Or maybe that's just how it goes in the freshwater cichlid community. Just my opinion

Except they are naturally occurring in the wild...

Those are cool, definitely some awesome potential there.

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gmoney that is not how it is looked at in the SW world. I personally think its all hyped up, and results in redicilous prices. It's like what us humans did with breeding dogs, mix and match till we get what we want. when the first broods of clowns started having misbars, they were initially looked at as a mistake, but now its turned into designer clowns. And I personally think if you like how they look, cool, pay the money and have em. But I'm not into designer hyped up crap. I still go to goodwill and pay $10 for jeans. :)

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I just get the fish I like but I've read some back when I was first getting into rhe hobby and read a lot of negative stuff about cross breading. Dunno I was just curious if this was the same thing. And nice tat nate :)

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome they release a pic. Thanks for sharing Chang. I for one love these cross breed clownfish. And when Ora and SA do it. They do it right. Yep may have in my tank soon. If the price is right. Lol

I don't know if any of you seen the WT wild picasso onxy pair
2.jpg

So cross breeding also happens in the wild to. So what the differnts in a tank or in the ocaen.
What I see on forums most of the people don't like it. Is because of the high price these go for.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are very nice.. its truly amazing what they are able to do with these fish.. finding the genetics they want just like other common pets and livestock...

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those black snowflakes are awesome lookin I might have to set up another nano just for those guys

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everything I read said x breading doesnt happen in the wild but once again this may just be freshwater fish as that is where I read it but I figured it was same for SW but guess not. Thx for the info all interesting to know :)

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming from the purist cichlid hobby I thought the same as you, Mike. And still don't have a desire to crossbreed any fish I may have, because of wanting to never allow any of the original strains to go extinct. But the fish look nice. Then again--a lot of the cichlids that were hybrid look nice--and their breeders get a bad name. Good subject.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back