Black specks on goni?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past couple of months one of my gonis has been in a state of recession. It’s nearly fully retracted into itself. But I see bits of the “petal” from the polyps sticking out as if it wants to come out. Today I was looking at it and noticed these little black specks on it.

IMG_1787.jpeg

Anyone recognize what they might be? Do gonis have any known pests?

My other gonis are doing amazingly including one that’s been in my tank for over a year now. So I’d hate for something to spread to them.

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be algae on receding tissue. I've had gonis die on me suddenly when other gonis are doing okay. If you do a dip, do any of those specs come off? You could also take it out put it in some Tupperware with tank water and then check with a magnifying glass.

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be algae on receding tissue. I've had gonis die on me suddenly when other gonis are doing okay. If you do a dip, do any of those specs come off? You could also take it out put it in some Tupperware with tank water and then check with a magnifying glass.

You see the funny thing is, I’ve had gonis die on me too but they don’t usually take this long or retain this much flesh for this long.

I checked on it again today and it looks like it wants to come out so badly.
IMG_1788.jpeg

This same goni once receded on me for a few days and came back out just as healthy as before.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back