Black Spots on Fox Face?

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Can you help me identify what is going on with my Foxface? I just noticed today these dark spots on him especially on the top of his head looks like a burn mark. He’s swimming and eating and otherwise happy but I’m concerned.
Recent additions were Yellow Eye Cole and Royal Gramma last week, both which I did an observational QT on in a separate tank.
All other fish unaffected at this time.

Thanks

6C9F3114-E7CF-4F89-9C0F-DCB10B12B73D.jpeg 4537E26A-E42A-43D9-8463-9A18E1ED27CC.jpeg 7FABB5B9-E18C-4D66-9800-E45D789389AC.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observational quarantine is not a good way to prevent disease from being introduced to your DT, especially for flukes.
That said, it is generally accepted that if new fish introduce a disease, they will be one of the first ones to show the disease, so your foxface may not have caught something from the new fish.
Do you have any LPS corals that could have stung it? Can you get pictures taken under white light?
Jay

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observational quarantine is not a good way to prevent disease from being introduced to your DT, especially for flukes.
That said, it is generally accepted that if new fish introduce a disease, they will be one of the first ones to show the disease, so your foxface may not have caught something from the new fish.
Do you have any LPS corals that could have stung it? Can you get pictures taken under white light?
Jay
I understand. Yes the new additions are not showing any sign of anything. I do have LPS, BTAs, Torches, Frogspawns, after researching that’s what I started to come to the conclusion with, a sting from a coral based off peoples experiences. However, I’m happy to hear from you because I wanted your professional opinion. My lights are out at the moment, however I will follow up with pictures under white lighting tomorrow.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 44 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back