Black spots on snowflake clown

  • Thread starter Thread starter g8rorchid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

g8rorchid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
227
Reaction score
112
Location
Sunshine state
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I have had this little guy for about 2-3 months. I have a female picasso that lost her husband and she was fine with him right away (I am guessing he was gender neutral when I got him). A few days ago I noticed some black spots on him. He is acting normally and eating like a pig. He always stays by the RBTAs and I doubt the spots are stings from other corals, although when searching online to compare, this is what it most resembles. Can they get stings from anemones??? The pictures aren't the best, but I am hoping they are good enough for someone to diagnose.
Thanks!

clownfish1.jpg clownfish2.jpg clownfish3.jpg
 
They can get stung by anemones when they are first introduced. My stormcloud clownfish began developing more spots on his body and has been fine. Dont take my word for it but I believe he is fine.
 
They can get stung by anemones when they are first introduced. My stormcloud clownfish began developing more spots on his body and has been fine. Dont take my word for it but I believe he is fine.
Thank you for the info! I hope you are right. He continues to eat and behave normally. So are some clownfish almost "allergic" to the anemones?
 
agree on anemone sting and freshwater bath will help it but not necessary
 
Hypermelanization from anemone stings- he’ll be fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new