Black widow vs Sherman

jayala12

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
890
Reaction score
1,449
Location
Corpus Christi Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I look up pics of these two anemones they look the same sometimes. What is the difference if anything? Looking into getting one but just not sure which one yet. I want a black widow or a Colorado sunburst. But I was seeing the Sherman’s too and just curious as to why they look so similar. Thanks for an any responses.
 
BW will have bright white webbing pattern on the oral disc that is absent on Shermans.
 
Black widows seem to have more white webbing where a sherman rose is a solid black in thr middle. This is my sherman rose.

20240216_183933.jpg


20240413_182521.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new