Blackout Fuge Sump area

  • Thread starter Thread starter WallyTime7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WallyTime7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
278
Reaction score
113
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any best practices for blacking out the sump/fuge area so the light doesn't spill into other chambers?
Is there a film or non-toxic paint I can apply, before I add water? (New tank set-up in a couple weeks).
 
I use thin black pvc pvc sheets. Forget the thickness I got but it was sturdy enough to stay rigid yet thin enough to cut with a utility knife.
I use thin black pvc pvc sheets. Forget the thickness I got but it was sturdy enough to stay rigid yet thin enough to cut with a utility knife.
Remember where you got this from? I like that so I can move it if necessary without 'paint'.
 
I believe it was Menards are home depot....definetely a big box store like that.

It was in 2x4 sheets. Below is an example of what a piece of it looks like. I am forcing it to bend but otherwise it is quite rigid.

20221206_144559.jpg
 
I believe it was Menards are home depot....definetely a big box store like that.

It was in 2x4 sheets. Below is an example of what a piece of it looks like. I am forcing it to bend but otherwise it is quite rigid.

20221206_144559.jpg
Did you glue them in the corners? Figured the buoyancy would have them move a bunch
 
Did you glue them in the corners? Figured the buoyancy would have them move a bunch

They are bouyant for sure. I used silicone just because it is easily removable.from my sump or this pvc. It doest stick well at all to it, but a bead of it in the corners easily keeps it in place for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new