blacksburg man hunt

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone else watching this go down on the news?

i'm right in the middle of it lol

my girlfriend's best friend was working in the credit union bank in the student center when the swat team came in and a guy with a shot gun came in and told her to duck behind the counter, then get the hell out of the building.

the guy was arrested last week for robbing a deli. complained of an injury sunday at 2am at the county jail. they took him to the hospital. he grabbed the deputy's gun, shot the security guard and killed him. ]

there is a biking trail that runs through fields/woods from the hospital to the university. state police swat teams were combing the fields all night, but 7am this morning a county sherrif's deputy was also shot and killed.

first day of classes have now been cancelled.

i'm from richmond, VA, where we have shootings every day. but for something like this to happen out here in the middle of no where is crazy. hasnt been a murder in this county in years.

can we say suicide by police? no way they are gonna let this guy live.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this guy is grade A "stupid criminal"

#1 - he chose to rob a deli. who the *bleep* robs deli's??

#2 - he tries to escape by shooting a cop, considering he would get released on bail later in the week and possibly only get a year sentance if that for attempted robbery.

#3 - he shoots another cop trying to aprehend him.

i mean, you dont even see criminals fleeing from killing cops in LA go to this much trouble to kill more people. this guy is psycho.

i'm at my apartment about 1mile from the university. i feel pretty safe. as there is a highway seperating my apartment complex from the university.

i dont go to work until 7pm, but i feel safe there too as he'd have to be the dumbest person on earth to be a fugitive from justice and try to get into a military base lol

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that guy isnt the smartest. Like you said, who robbs a deli? The most he'll walk out of there with is $100 maybe $200. He goes from 1-2 years in prison to now being hunted and probably wont live to even see prison.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cardgenius said:
Yeah, that guy isnt the smartest. Like you said, who robbs a deli? The most he'll walk out of there with is $100 maybe $200. He goes from 1-2 years in prison to now being hunted and probably wont live to even see prison.

yup. suicide by police. or extra crispy inmate. (virginia does the electric chair)

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
cardgenius said:

yup. suicide by police. or extra crispy inmate. (virginia does the electric chair)
no more electric chair per governor's mandate, only lethal injection from here on out.

i heard the news today also, thought about you up there.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw on the news that some people think he was planning all this. They said he has been walking around campus with no shoes on all summer. When someone asked him why he wasnt wearing shoes he said he was doing it so he could get his feet ready for when he had to run or escape to the woods. Sounds like this kid has some problems.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cardgenius said:
I just saw on the news that some people think he was planning all this. They said he has been walking around campus with no shoes on all summer. When someone asked him why he wasnt wearing shoes he said he was doing it so he could get his feet ready for when he had to run or escape to the woods. Sounds like this kid has some problems.

lol havent heard anything remotely close to that. where were you hearing that from?

according to the university, he is not a student, nor ever was. that is all news to me. but it would not be unheard or, or suspicious for someone to walk around campus barefoot, lots of grass.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel said:
I guess they got him .....Your free to go about your business now....

they were in the middle of a press conference, and you could hear sirens coming from all over the place (sounded like lots of ambulance sirens). then they said they *may* have caught the suspect.

thought the news medias were a little premature to jump on they *did* catch him yet, considering they havent had an official press conference saying what happened. hearing the ambulance sirens makes me worry a bit that something big went down.

our local hospital is not equiped with a trauma room to handle more then 1 non-life threatening gun shot wound at a time.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching CNN and they were interviewing a student a she was the one saying it. She didnt say if he was a student or not.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
Azurel said:
I guess they got him .....Your free to go about your business now....

they were in the middle of a press conference, and you could hear sirens coming from all over the place (sounded like lots of ambulance sirens). then they said they *may* have caught the suspect.

thought the news medias were a little premature to jump on they *did* catch him yet, considering they havent had an official press conference saying what happened. hearing the ambulance sirens makes me worry a bit that something big went down.

our local hospital is not equiped with a trauma room to handle more then 1 non-life threatening gun shot wound at a time.

It's all good, they'd use a Life Flight or at worst in a disaster prepareness scenario, we treat in hallways on crash carts... Bottom line for staff is you do what you can do with the resouces you have in a situation like that...

Glad you are safe, and the g/f and kitties too!

:D
Laurie

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back