• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blackwidow Anemone

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FA8FE686-DADC-4120-A165-E7534C8FD2A4.jpeg

I have 3 black widow anemones available. $90 each. Pickup only. Willing to negotiate. 6E8BEB33-69F8-4E34-B464-C37CD3C84EAA.jpeg

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size of them now? And are they holding any sort of pests or anything? I’m relatively new to this so I’m just trying to figure all this out. What are ur current water parameters? Are u having any issues with diatoms or cyano?

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size of them now? And are they holding any sort of pests or anything? I’m relatively new to this so I’m just trying to figure all this out. What are ur current water parameters? Are u having any issues with diatoms or cyano?
Hi. No pests in my tanks as far as I know.
They are about 2-3”.

Parameters -
Alkalinity 8
Calcium 450
Magnesium - 1353
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-78.5
Nitrate 17-20 pretty regularly
Nitrite and ammonia 0.

How new is your tank?

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a couple months old with a new rock scape I swapped out 2 weeks ago due to lack of water flow on the back wall of the bio cube. Now it’s getting sufficient water flow and has been doing pretty well. I had a peppermint shrimp and hermit crabs in which decided to start eating a hammer coral, which I know they will pick food from the coral but I literally witnessed them both eating the coral itself and have taken both out of my tank.I am however worried about the anemone stinging other corals as it moves around to find a home bc I don’t want the coral I have now to be damaged. It would have been easier to do the anemone first however at first I planned on just doing a reef tank but then decided I wanted 2 clownfish in the tank so now the anemone I would like to have for them. But not sure on the chance of it being a disaster or not making it ya know…. Any personal thoughts on this?

Last edited:

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to have rainbow bubble tip left as well?? If so what are u asking for those and what is the size of them?

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to have rainbow bubble tip left as well?? If so what are u asking for those and what is the size of them?
I personally would wait to add an anemone until the tank is at least 6 months old. There are a lot of changes that can happen in the first few months with parameters fluctuating and finding a balance, especially in the first year. That being said, my clowns took almost 2 years to finally host an anemone so it isn’t something that happens over night, and should happen naturally, not forced.

Right now I do not have any more rainbows available but that can always change practically overnight if the nem decides to split. I also don’t plan on selling all of my black widows so when your tank is matured a bit and ready, I’d be more than happy to give you both if you’d like for a deal, to pass the wealth along so to speak :)

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you yea please reach out to me later and keep me posted. If I change my mind to get one sooner I will post to this. Thank you very much!!! And I would love to get a black widow anemone later from you for sure!!!!! So please don’t get rid of them lol. Thank you!!!!

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to have a surgery today unexpected so when I recover from surgery I will get in touch and we can go from there. Sound good?

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would wait to add an anemone until the tank is at least 6 months old. There are a lot of changes that can happen in the first few months with parameters fluctuating and finding a balance, especially in the first year. That being said, my clowns took almost 2 years to finally host an anemone so it isn’t something that happens over night, and should happen naturally, not forced.

Right now I do not have any more rainbows available but that can always change practically overnight if the nem decides to split. I also don’t plan on selling all of my black widows so when your tank is matured a bit and ready, I’d be more than happy to give you both if you’d like for a deal, to pass the wealth along so to speak :)
Ok so I wanna come get those from you the black widow what’s the best you can do for me on one I’m like an hr away

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have one now and it’s been doing good. So I think my parameters are good and I test weekly and they have been doing good. Please reply

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back